World class running races are in the Czech Republic
RunCzech races are among the top world class races.
Until 2018 year seven RunCzech races – Prague Half Marathon, Prague Marathon, Karlovy Vary Half Marathon, Ceske Budejovice Half Marathon, Olomouc Half Marathon, Usti nad Labem Half Marathon and Prague Grand Prix 10K – were awarded the IAAF Gold Road Race Label.
Now Karlovy Vary Half Marathon and Ceske Budejovice Half Marathon have the five stars certificates awarded by the European Athletics.
RunCzech races awards 2019:
- Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon (April 6) - IAAF Road Race Gold Label
- Volkswagen Prague Marathon (May 5) - IAAF Road Race Gold Label
- Mattoni Karlovy Vary Half Marathon (May 18) - 5 stars certification by European Athletics
- Mattoni České Budějovice Half Marathon (June 1) - 5 stars certification by European Athletics
- Mattoni Olomouc Half Marathon (June 15th) - IAAF Road Race Gold Label
- Birell Prague Grand Prix 5&0 km (September 7th) - IAAF Road Race Gold Label
- Mattoni Ústí nad Labem Half Marathon (September 21th) - IAAF Road Race Gold Label
- Sorrento-Positano 54km Ultramarathon (December 1) – IAU Bronze Label
What means IAAF Gold Road Race Label
- Elite athletes from a minimum of five different countries with a personal marathon record: men under 2:10:30 and women under 2:28:00 (performances achieved in the last 36 months).
- Certificated track closed to vehicular traffic, with the exclusion of official vehicles and the Clock Car.
- Care: along the entire track and also at the finish area there must be health care as well as refreshment points available.
- Time is measured in seconds and includes split times.
- Big screens and a commentator system at the venue; media must be provided with TV monitors and Internet connection to enable them to follow the race in a dedicated and restricted media area.
- Gold Label Races must be able to document full coverage of the race in at least 5 different countries.
- Results: individual delivery of the printed results to the media of the top twenty finishers (men and women), to provide the start list and live results on the dedicated web page in the national language and English.
What means European Athletics five stars certification
Safety and medical
- Police, security, organizers and volunteers all along the course
- Doctors, medical professional and first-aiders present
- Properly secured – clear, smooth, wide, safe, unobstructed,
- no traffic and conflicts
- Refreshment station every 5 km
- Cleaning rubbish and signage right after end of the race
Timing and results
- Reliable electronic timing system (chips)
- Results within 3 hours after race
- Course measured by certificated member
- Locker room, toilets
- Pre-race Expo
- Pacemakers for different times
- Start numbers and bibs