Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon 2018
- Apr 7, 2018 | #PragueHalf
The 20th Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon is a thing of beauty. Not just because of our breathtaking scenery. But because of who comes out to participate. From the awe-inspiring Kenyans and Ethiopians to Czech schoolchildren. To us they are all beautiful. And everyone who cares enough to put running shoes on their feet is welcome here with open arms.
- Edition: 20.
- Title partner: Sportisimo
- Capacity: 11 500 runners
- IAAF label: IAAF Road Race Gold Label
- Accompanying program: Running Expo Praha, Marathon Music Festival
- Did you know, that...: in 2017, Joyciline Jepkosgei broke four World records during Prague Half marathon (10K, 15K, 20K, and half marathon), and has become the first woman to run faster than 1 hour 5 min. Moreover, the male race record holder Atsedu Tsegay is the fourth fastest half marathon runner in the history.
- Event record - male: Atsedu Tsegay /ETH/ 0:58:47, 2012
- Event record - female: Joyciline Jepkosgei (RunCzech Racing) /KEN/ 1:04:52, 2017 - WORLD RECORD
- Average temperature: 10 °C